Campus Diversity Committee
Statement of Purpose:
By its nature, a university reflects unity within diversity. The purpose of the Campus Diversity Committee is to promote diversity as a strength, as a core element in academic excellence, and as a reflection of a caring Christian community. The Campus Diversity Committee, with the support of the Office of the President, seeks to ensure an academic environment that welcomes, recognizes, respects and celebrates the personal heritage of all campus constituents. The Committee should emphasize efforts to strengthen community at Baylor.
The Diversity Committee will:
- Enhance diversity by encouraging and promoting policies, programs, and efforts that recognize, respect and celebrate diversity and community campus-wide throughout the year.
- Utilize existing venues and create new venues to hear from students, faculty and staff.
- Recommend and request the assessment strategies of the campus climate for diversity.
- Establish criteria and review applications for campus diversity initiative grants.
- Report annually to the Office of the President through the Chief of Staff.